Tascam iPhone Recorder
TASCAM's iM2 turns the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. A pair of condenser microphones - the same high quality as TASCAM's best-selling DR-series recorders - plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device.The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for the best sound placement. The uni-directional elements are arranged in an AB pattern for detailed stereo imaging while capturing the ambience of your room.The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and great audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle up to 125dB sound levels to capture the loudest concerts and instruments without distortion.
Also contained in the iM2 is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The microphone level is adjustable with a knob on the side, making it quick to adjust without even looking at the unit. It's powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your Apple iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or TASCAMs PS-P515U power adapter.
Available for free download, TASCAMs PCM Recorder app is the perfect companion for the iM2. PCM Recorder turns the iPhone or iPad into a stereo recorder, based on the popular TASCAM DR-series. Record mono or stereo files at CD-quality for up to 12 hours in the application. High and low EQ are built-in, as well as stereo limiting and a low cut filter. After recording, files can be accessed through iTunes or uploaded to SoundCloud right from the iPhone. PCM Recorder raises the bar for recorders on the iPhone and iPad, and its available for no charge.
The ultra-portable iM2 is a must have for musicians who want to capture inspiration on their iPhone or iPad without sacrificing recording quality. It's the perfect recording accessory for musicians of all skill levels available at an unbeatable price.
Full Feature List
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection
- High-quality stereo condenser microphones - same as our best-selling DR-series recorders
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees front to back
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125dB SPL maximum level for recording loud shows without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- Powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch dock connector
- USB input allows the iPhone or iPad to be charged from a USB connection or optional TASCAM PS-P515U
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1kHz/16-bit linear PCM)
- Compact size ideal for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2
- PCM Recorder application available for free download on the iTunes store
- Dimensions: 2.3" W x 2.2" H x 0.75" D
- Weight: 1.05 oz